Incentive travel remains a top motivator, and many reward earners are eager for a new adventure (or just a change of scenery).
For some top performers, an upcoming incentive trip could be their first time traveling since the pandemic began—a trip they’ve been dreaming about for ages. Our experts are excited as ever to craft once-in-a-lifetime experiences to make travel dreams a reality, as well as help travelers navigate evolving safety guidelines.
Related: There are a lot of reasons to be excited about incentive travel in 2022. See our top 5.
Your top performers deserve the very best, a destination that will motivate them to keep putting in all that hard work. A destination that is memorable, distinctive, and perhaps not-so-traditional.
Whether it’s tropics or bustling cities, these are the 10 most attractive destinations our buyers are booking right now for incentive travel. Any of the 10 experiences will make your hard-working trip qualifiers feel appreciated and re-energized.
Art, cuisine, nightlife, architecture—the capital city of Madrid has it all, along with a rich history to impress.
- Tour the Paseo del Arte museums, including the world-famous Prado, with works by the Impressionists and Pablo Picasso
- Wander the Parque del Retiro, an expansive urban park
- Listen to street musicians at Plaza Mayor, the grand central square
- Stay at Four Seasons Madrid, a brand-new property in the heart of the city. Walk to key attractions then return to a restful, modern retreat.
A small capital city with big personality, participants love Dublin for its friendly people, rich cultural heritage and happening nightlife scene.
- Enjoy the lively Temple Bar area with its many pubs and live music
- Tour the Guinness Storehouse brewery for the history of the iconic beverage
- Visit Trinity College, the oldest college in Ireland and alma mater of many literary greats, including Jonathon Swift and Oscar Wilde
- The Westbury, located in the center of town, is a destination itself because of its gorgeous central stairway and private art gallery.
Loch Lomond, West Dunbartonshire, Scotland
Seek out the “bonnie banks” of Loch Lomond, an inland lake made famous by the Scottish folk song of the same name, and take in the beauty of the surrounding Lowlands and Highlands.
- Built in 1700 and renovated in 2020, the castle-like Cameron House is one of the most sought-after hotels in Scotland.
Sunny Tropic Locales
San José del Cabo, Mexico
San José del Cabo offers a more relaxed atmosphere than its better-known counterpoint Cabo San Lucas. Enjoy shopping, an enchanting plaza and dining experiences, all with plenty of sunshine and miles of beaches.
For a tropical experience with a healthy dose of urban energy, check out Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas. Originally home to pirates and hustlers, the streets are always bustling.
- For large group travel, stay at the accommodating Grand Hyatt Baha Mar (it has 1,800 rooms on property!). Be sure to take advantage of its new Baha Bay water park, which opened July 2021.
Palm Beach, Aruba
One of the most popular islands in the Caribbean, Aruba is known for its white, sandy beaches and all-inclusive resorts. Don’t be afraid to wander off the beaten path here!
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Costa Rica has incredible biological diversity. Discover all the beauty of its unspoiled beaches, fast-flowing rivers and national parks in Guanacaste.
- Engage in outdoor adventures such as zip-lining and rock climbing
- Take a day trip to iconic Arenal Volcano for horseback riding and hiking
- Investigate local fauna by partaking in activities like bird watching
Big Sky, Montana
For fresh air and wide-open skies year-round, escape to the natural splendor of the mountains of Montana. Outdoor enthusiasts praise Big Sky for its variety of activities.
- For a combination of lodge living and modern comfort, book rooms at Montage Big Sky.
While best known for its country music, Nashville is a destination spot for its revived downtown, festivals, shows and nightlife.
Hanalei Bay, Princeville, Hawaii
Hanalei Bay, a picturesque setting on Kauai, the Garden Island, offers several pristine beaches for surfing, paddleboarding, swimming or simply relaxing.
- 1 Hotel Hanalei Bay, formerly the St. Regis Princeville is undergoing a full renovation that will infuse it with authentic details such as native greenery and reclaimed materials. It will be accepting group business beginning in October 2022.